Thursday 1 August 2013

A NEW CHAPTER...


Hey guys..this is my first blog, and how better to start this new journey than writing about the other new journey that I have started. My life's new chapter just started a few days back. I have begun my graduation in Petroleum Engineering course at University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun. 

I had got a good rank in the entrance exam after I had  not been able to clear my country's biggest exam due to my laziness which cost me two years. Moving on, I end up getting this course after counselling and I was rather attracted to this course as this course would lead me to a profession where I could get a chance to travel to unbelievable places around the world and my job would mainly be a "field job" requiring one to have confidence, adaptability and be able to mingle and co-ordinate with people properly and this course was not one which was commonly chosen by youngsters in India.



I reached Dehradun on 15th and ended up in my campus hostel on 17th. Surprisingly this college has an inbuilt hostel for guys only! My room-mate was a guy from Orissa, a Beatles fanatic but an introvert who i guess would open up himself slowly to me. I ended up befriending a few guys from my state and many others from all over India whose main doubt about me initially was "Does this guy actually belong to Hyderabad down south ? " I have found a few guys looking down upon the guys from the south but these guys are like a blot on the rest of the amazing guys and I really intend to break their mental barriers about the North-South race clash. Long story short, my parents who accompanied me to Dehradun are unwilling to leave me alone in my hostel, but after a few sobs from parents, consolings and heart-felt goodbyes, they left me.
The hostel life is good, roaming around nomads from one guy's room to another, movies, games, midnight sleeps etc. etc..the only problem is we have a shared bathroom! My orientation and Personality Development classes will soon start and I hope to stamp my mark on my batch this year. Girls? Have to still meet them. Guys? There are a few wonderful friends I have made out of whom the pick of the lots are Aditya from Kerala (he is like my mirror reflection), Himanshu from Punjab, Richesh from UP and many others. So lets see how this new life will turn out.

Friendships, joy, success, love hopefully await. Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment